Создавайте темы для обсуждения не касающихся выше перечисленных.

With the Texas rotation ravaged by injuri

Сообщение Bellroll33 » 10 янв 2019, 11:11

OAKLAND, Calif. -- With the Texas rotation ravaged by injuries early in the season, Martin Perez has more than filled the void. Perez pitched his second consecutive shutout to extend his scoreless innings streak to 26 and the Texas Rangers wrapped up a three-game sweep of the Oakland Athletics with a 3-0 victory Wednesday. "Hes been the glue," manager Ron Washington said. "Hes held it together. Hes the one guy in that rotation whos been in it from last year who hasnt had a blip yet." The Rangers have been without Yu Darvish, Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis already at times this season but still find themselves in first place thanks to some strong play from fill-ins and major improvement from Perez. Perez (4-0) outpitched Sonny Gray (3-1) in a heralded matchup of emerging stars, allowing just three hits and two walks in his first start since throwing a three-hitter against the White Sox for his first career shutout. "I dont want to think too much about my ERA and the games that Ive thrown before," Perez said. "Im going to focus on my game today. We had a great game." Perez, who also threw eight scoreless innings against Houston on April 13, is the first Rangers pitcher to have three straight scoreless starts since Kenny Rogers had four straight over 30 innings in 2005. Perez also joined Charlie Hough in 1983 as the only Texas pitchers to have three straight starts of at least eight scoreless innings. "He knows how to pitch," Washington said. "He has weapons and he can throw them all for strikes and he has poise. He does a great job of staying with the game plan and thats something that hes learned from last year, how to study, how to go out there and just execute his pitches." Donnie Murphy homered and Michael Choice scored one run and drove in another for the Rangers, who moved a half-game ahead of Oakland in the AL West with their first sweep of the As since August 2011. The As never even threatened Perez on their way to getting swept at home for the first time since September 2012 against the Angels, ending a streak of 32 straight home series with at least one win. "Youre going to have your little lumps in the road," As third baseman Josh Donaldson said. "Everybody knows that here. We just have to come back." Oakland got leadoff singles from Jed Lowrie in the fourth and Derek Norris in the fifth for its first two hits off Perez. But Perez followed each of those hits by getting the next batter to hit into a double play, giving him a major league-leading 11 groundball double plays. Donaldson doubled with one out in the seventh, but was stranded there when Alberto Callaspo grounded out with runners on first and second to end the inning. "He keeps the ball off the barrel of the bat," As manager Bob Melvin said. "Hes pitched really well this year. The reason he can get deep in games is hes not striking a lot of guys out, hes just keeping it off the barrel of the bat." Gray allowed three runs and five hits in seven innings to end a six-game winning streak in the regular season dating to last September. He fell behind when Choice led the game off with a walk and scored on Alex Rios triple. The Rangers were poised for a possible big inning when Rios was originally ruled safe at home on a grounder Lowrie at shortstop. But Melvin challenged the call and Rios was ruled out on instant replay. Choice, traded from Oakland to Texas in the off-season, added an RBI single in the fifth and Murphy hit his first homer of the season in the sixth to make it 3-0. NOTES: Rangers 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff was held out with a sore back. ... Scott Kazmir (2-0) will take the mound against Brett Oberholtzer (0-3) on Thursday when Oakland opens a four-game series in Houston. ... Texas is off Thursday before beginning a three-game series in Seattle on Friday. Air Max Pas Cher Chine Livraison Gratuite . Ortiz hit a pair of two-run homers, including his 400th shot in a Red Sox uniform, and drove in a career high-tying six runs to power Boston past the Houston Astros 10-7 on Saturday night. Chaussure Air Max Pas Cher Chine .com) - Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns each scored 12 points in the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats 70-55 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide. http://www.pascherairmaxchine.fr/.com) - Devon Johnson ran for a school record 272 yards with four touchdowns and No. Air Max Chine Pas Cher . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization. Air Max Pas Cher Livraison Rapide . - The infectious smile was missing from Nam Nguyen last week.Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are in a good moment after the 4-0 win over Everton, but admits it was dampened by Divock Origis injury. The in-form Belgian striker, who scored Liverpools opener in their Merseyside derby win on Wednesday night, was forced off in the second half after a challenge by Ramiro Funes Mori saw the Argentine defender shown a straight red card. Talking points Analysis of a one-sided Merseyside derby Mamadou Sakho had doubled Liverpools lead in first-half stoppage time, before substitute Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho added two more for the home side after Origi was taken off on a stretcher. We are in a good moment, Klopp told Sky Sports. Thats how it is. We played football, we created chances, we could have scored much more. The goalkeeper had a finger between us and another goal and that of course was good. Jamie Carragher says Everton fans wont fall for Ramiro Funes Moris badge kiss after he was sent off for a poor challenge on Divock Origi But to be honest, I could sit here and say it was really difficult but second half it wasnt, it is like it is. But, it was really difficult for Everton. Injuries, red card, good opponent. Its not too easy then.We have only really good players. There is no player in the squad where I think why is he here? This is a really, really good team but the problem is there are a few other teams in the Premier League that are not too bad too and so you can losee each game.dddddddddddd Daniel Sturridge (right) looks at Divock Origi as the Belgian striker is stretchered off We did well and usually after 4-0 I dont know how to keep my smile out of my face but today it is pretty easy. I would like to say yes but [the injury] to Divock Origi cost me a little bit of joy. Carra on Funes Mori Defenders actions embarrassing, says Carragher Of course, the first half was a derby. Our sides passing was okay but we could have played better. Then we scored the two goals, wonderful goals, and second half the game changed completely with the red card and the injury to Divock, and they had no chance anymore.We had a lot of opportunities to score goals, their goalkeeper did a good job and its 4-0. Usually its really great, Id like to say Im 100 per cent happy but I cannot ignore the situation [with Origi].Klopp confirmed after the game that Origi had twisted an ankle ligament in the challenge but said it was too soon to tell how long he would be out for.I cant say too much, I didnt see the pictures until now but everyone I met said Oh, it was disgusting or awful, or however you want to say it. But its not broken, its a twisted ankle ligament, we have to wait now. I saw him on crutches here walking around but he had a little smile on his face so we have to see. Origi heads Liverpool in front against Everton Such a superlative performance in his first Merseyside derby was still not enough for Klopp to completely revel in victory.Beating Everton is a special thing in our situation in the table where we want to take what we can get, said Klopp. 4-0 is good, clean sheet is good, we scored nice goals, created wonderful opportunities. Everything is good, but for me its too close after the game and Im not really happy. Sorry. Also See: Liverpool thump sorry Everton Derby talking points Moyes: Everton were terrible Martinez: Horrible showing China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Bellroll33

Вернуться в Разное